Homebodies

Friday, November 6, 2015

Group 2: Stamped and Cut Window Technique

Thank you for stopping by House of Cards Challenge Blog today!  
We're going to start you out with a little something to get your creativity flowing.  
Here's Em with a Tutorial for you.

I'm once again honored to be representing Team 2 at House of Cards and bringing you a pictorial on how I created my card for this month's challenge, which you can see below. 

I started by stamping the image from the For All Things stamp set from Stampin' Up! onto a piece of Whisper White card that's ½" smaller than my card base, using SU!'s Cajun Craze ink and stamping off first...

I then cut 2 apertures in the card using the smallest die from the Deco Labels Framelits set from SU, and added another couple leaves in Delightful Dijon...

I then stamped my chosen sentiment from the set in Early Espresso ink...

 I then added Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the panel...

Before adding it to the prepared Delightful Dijon card base. My Cherry Cobbler layer is ¼" smaller than the base card...

To complete the card, I added Tear & Tape to the back of the cutouts and then carefully replaced them into the apertures...

Here are some beautiful inspirations from our Group 2 Design Team....






Donna T



Thanks so much for taking time to check out Group 2's creations!  We hope you join in our current challenge, we can't wait to see what you create! Don't forget to check and see if you are one of our most recent winners, too!  We'll be back soon with more inspiration from the Design Team. 
Until then, Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Mynn Kitchen said...

Fabulous twist on the technique, Em! Gorgeous work, gals! HUGS! :) Mynn xx