Homebodies

Friday, October 9, 2015

Group 3: Add texture &/or Color inspiration

Hello everyone! 
Thank you for stopping by House of Cards Challenge Blog today! Group 3 is sharing their creations with you today for our current challenge...

Add Texture &/or Color Inspiration
autumn palette

Now lets see what fabulous creations the DT have come up with...

Tammy


Jo

Linda

Toni

Hi, it's Jo here with a super-quick look at how I created
 the textured background for my October challenge card.

As this was my first attempt at using Dreamweaver embossing paste
I carefully followed the instructions on the tub!

I taped the stencil from Memory Box onto my
older cutting mat which I use for messy projects.
I had already die-cut my card base.

Then, I used a palette knfe to pick up a small amount of paste
and spread it across the central area of the card base.
I returned the excess paste to the tub and removed the stencil
while the paste was still wet.


I left the card base to dry for the rest of the afternoon
and then it was ready to decorate.
This was a fun technique to try and I love the gorgeous texture it created!

Thanks so much for taking time to check out Group 3's creations!  We hope you join in our current challenge, we can't wait to see what you create! Don't forget to check and see if you are one of our most recent winners, too!  We'll be back soon with more inspiration from the Design Team. 
Until then, Happy crafting!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous, fun card and fabulous tutorial Jo!

Mynn Kitchen said...

These are all FABULOUS cards, gals! Jo--your tutorial is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with us all! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Monika Reeck said...

I love your tutorial Jo and that stencil oh to die for...great cards too ladies :x

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards everyone and fabulous tutorial Jo, I love the stencil you've used!!
Hugs, Tammy