Homebodies

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Group 2: Metallics

Hello everyone! 
Thank you for stopping by House of Cards Challenge Blog today!

This month, the challenge is...

To create a card with using this word cue~




We're going to start you out with a little something to get your creativity going!
Here's Em with "Heat Embossed Faux Letterpress" Tutorial:

Hi everyone, it's Em. I'm honored to be representing Group 2 and bringing you the pictorial for how to create the card you can see from me, above...

You'll need Versamark ink, embossing powder (I've used Stampin' Up's Gold), an embossing folder (I've used SU's Boho Chic, a folded card blank, panel and extra for stampin' (I've used SU's Whisper White)

Open the EF and apply Versamark ink to the raised detail 

Carefully lay the card panel onto the folder and press to transfer the ink

Lift the piece off and heat emboss with powder of choice

Stamp your chosen sentiment (I've used one of my favorites from SU's Me = Grateful set) in Versamark onto the spare card

Heat emboss the sentiment

Using a metallic marker (I've used one from Paper Mania), add detail to both the faux letterpress panel and the sentiment

Die cut or punch the sentiment (I've used SU's Deco Labels Framelits)

For a finishing touch color some pearls with the marker, leave to dry for a few minutes while you attach panel and sentiment to the card (I've lifted both with dimensionals). Add the pearls to the card and you're done!






Group 2 is also sharing their creations with you today for our current challenge...
Here are some beautiful inspirations from our Design Team....







Lilian




Thanks so much for taking time to check out Group 2's creations!  We hope you join in our current challenge, we can't wait to see what you create! Don't forget to check and see if you are one of our most recent winners, too!  We'll be back soon with more inspiration from the Design Team. 
Until then, Happy crafting!

6 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Great cards, everyone! Jo x

StirYourCreativity said...

Beautiful cards

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Wonderful cards and I loved the tut !

Mynn Kitchen said...

FAB tutorial and wonderful cards, gals! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card ladies and fab tutorial Em, I love that metallic marker!
Tammy x

karenlotty said...

Beautiful batch of cards