Homebodies

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Glossy Accents & Nail Polish "Enamel Dots"

Hi again, friends!  Mynn here and I'm super excited to be introducing one last tutorial for making your own enamel dots.  This time Emily is sharing with us how to make them using Glossy Accents and nail polish.  We have loved all the entries, and we hope you've found our money saving tutorials helpful!  Now, all I have left to say is TAKE IT AWAY EMILY!

We've got one more technique to show you this month for making your own enamel dots. This one takes only about a minute of hands-on time!


  Squeeze out some dots of Glossy accents onto either waxed paper or a nonstick craft mat.


 You can make them whatever size you like, I tend to prefer them smaller. Let dry completely.


Now, go dig through your nail polish stash and start trying out some different colors. I think the bright, bold colors tend to look better, but just try everything you've got and see what appeals to you. That's what I did! If you color "outside the lines" a bit it's no big deal. You can trim off any excess once you peel them off the mat.


These were my best color options. You may want to go over them with a second coat if the first coat didn't cover well. Once they are dry, just peel them off the mat or waxed paper and they're ready! I use a dot of Glossy Accents on the back side to glue them onto my cards. These dots are a bit flatter than store bought enamel dots which I appreciate for their mail-friendliness!

If you'd like to see the card I made using this technique, come visit me on my blog!

~ Emily ~

5 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Fun technique!

Donna said...

Those look fabulous!

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for sharing ! I've got to try ! I tried making dots with beads but it was a total disaster !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

SARN said...

GREAT IDEA! xxx

Barbara Rankin said...

TFS another wonderful idea for making your own enamel dots. I never would have thought of it! They look great!