Homebodies

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

1st Ever DT Call!

Hi, friends!  Welcome home to the House of Cards Challenge!  

We're so excited to get our first ever DT call up and running and hope you'll apply!  Ruth and I are looking for 7 more card makers to join our team.  It's important to note that this challenge is a bit different from any other--we're looking for experts in certain card making styles.  So, let's get to it, shall we?

This DT call will be open from WEDNESDAY, MAY 1 TO WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013.  All entrants will be contacted by Saturday, June 1, 2013 about whether or not they have been accepted.  Please do not email about your standing before this date as we will have to go through each submission and confer with each other to make sure our decisions are final.

Here are  the expectations you'll have if you join our DT.  Please make sure that you are able and willing to do all of these things as well as commit to a 6 month term before applying.

Now onto the requirements of the DT position:

1. Be able to make and upload 1 to 2 cards each month by the deadline.
2. Have posts scheduled and up on your personal blog at the time the challenge goes live.
3. Be able to communicate in English and know how a Blogger blog works (or willing to learn).
4. Be willing to comment on your assigned entries for all of the 4-5 monthly challenges.
5. Have the capability to take clear and bright photos of your creations.
6. Have a desire to be part of a wonderful team!

That's really about it!  If you're still interested in entering, please make sure to read all of the next set of directions so that you link up correctly.

Here's how House of Cards works--there will be a monthly sketch or color scheme given for all 4 weeks.  Each week, we will ask participants to enter a specific card making style.  If there is a 5th week, it will be any card making style goes with a photo inspiration.

If you are entering our DT call, you must enter for ONE specific card making style.  Please see the tab above for a more in depth definition of each card making style.  After you decide what ONE card making style you would like to apply for, please link up ONE card below.  It can be something you've already made or something new, but make sure you feel it is your best work as you are only allowed ONE entry.  Also, please make sure that it is a card making style you are comfortable working with as this will be the only card making style you will be allowed to use on your assigned week.

If you want to be considered for more than ONE card making style, please email Mynnette (onastampage@yahoo.com) to discuss this option.  Please note that you will only be chosen for ONE card making style if this is allowed.

LINK UP BELOW TO ENTER THE HOUSE OF CARDS DT CALL.

Fun & Cute Style


*************************************
Clean & Simple Style


*************************************
 Classic & Elegant Style


*************************************
 Shabby & Vintage Style


*************************************

18 comments:

Sue Butler said...

Hello Mynnette
Thank you for your lovely comment on my mixed media card, I am a Shabby girl at heart and I would love the opportunity to be part of your team.
Smiles:)
Sue

Sue Bridesmith said...

Hi, Mynnette,
Thank you for your kind comment, on both of my cards, the one entered for the DT call, and also the one on 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, I would love to be considered for your DT Team,
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

Nonni said...

This all sounds really fun! Thanks for the chance to enter in the DT call. It was hard to choose the group because all are so great! I just went with intuition in the end. :)

Anita said...

Hi Mynnette:

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my 52 Christmas Card Throwdown cards. I would love the chance to be on your team. What fun. I too had a hard time deciding on which team but went with my heart in the end. Love making cards and this sounds like it's going to be a blast.
Hugs,

Vicki Dutcher said...

Being part of a CAS challenge is right up my alley~ Thanks for the heads up....

Gale said...

Thanks for the opportunity to apply for your design team. It sounds like fun. Fun and Cute is my style, but I had a hard time deciding on which card. So visit my blog to view other projects. Hugs, Gale

Saskia Pullen said...

Hello Mynette,

Thanks for your Reaction at my blog.
With this I would Say It's fine for me to join.

Best wishes and Good Luck with findin' some DT members!

Saskia Pullen

StephC said...

Hi Mynnette,

Thanks for the heads up. This seems like it would be a lot of fun. There are some awesome projects posted. Good luck with the task of selecting your team! :)

Take care!
Steph

Donna Nuce said...

Thank you Mynette for inviting me to apply for the DT position! This would be my first ever DT if I get the position! I had a hard time deciding which card to submit but finally picked the one I enjoyed doing the most! Have a great day!

Sue Bridesmith said...

Hi Mynette,
Sorry about confusion, but thank you for putting it right for me, hard choice but I think I will stick with the Shabby Chic style, once again sorry for mix up,
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

The-Butterfly said...

Some fantastic entries by everyone, so much inspiration I just love it! I'm a fun and cute girl at heart but loved looking at some of the other styles, good luck to everyone who's entered :)

Creative Genie said...

This is such a great opportunity, a brand new DT on a fun blog. All the entries look fabulous. Best of luck to everyone!

Tammy said...

Hi Mynnette, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I also had a hard time deciding on which group/style... but I think Fun & Cute would be the best fit for me! Thanks for the opportunity to be part of your team.
Hugs, Tammy

Daen'Ys said...

Hi Mynnette

I am really honored that you invited me to apply for the DT call and if you judge my English correct enough, then it would give me great pleasure to integrate your team!
The decision was very difficult, but clean & simple is what I love to do most, so I choosed this style of card!
Good luck to everyone!

Have a great day...
Rosi x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hi Mynnette,
I have taken the plunge and applied for your vintage/shabby chic genre DT call. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I have attached one of my cards. Kind regards, Suzanne B

Rocky said...

This sounds great. I had no idea how hard it would be to choose a style but I've finally done it, fingers crossed now.

rudlis said...

Hello, Minnette,
Thank you for the invitation. I added my card to the style Shabby & Vintage Style.
Hugs,
Rudlis

Patricia H. said...

Thank you for the invitation, Mynnette. Just looking at the thumbnails, I can see that you and Ruth have a lot of talented ladies to consider!
Good luck to all the applicants.